Chances are either you have had to create a PowerPoint presentation yourself or you have had to observe one at one time or another. PowerPoint presentations have become one of the primary ways online meetings are conducted today. It is easy to put some slides together and then read them back to the audience verbatim. This approach however will make for a very monotonous meeting.
Days ago I have written an article “The principle of creating attractive PowerPoint”. I give some PowerPoint presentation tips such as not putting more text in the slide, telling the story by the person rather than PowerPoint presentation. Here I got 10 PowerPoint presentation tips from Lynn Marotta, the successful freelance writer and contributor to Web-Conferencing-Zone.com.
There are better PowerPoint presentation tips you can use to get your message across more effectively. The following is a list of our top ten PowerPoint presentation tips and techniques to help make all of your future meetings, whether offline or online, a big success.
1. Readability is important -- Make sure the font is large enough for everyone to see. Another tip to remember is too many words can make following along a burden for the audience. People will soon loose interest.
2. Stick to key points -- Only put the key points of the presentation on your PowerPoint slides. By following this advice, you can avoid the monotony of having your presentation follow verbatim what appears on each slide.
3. Use clear titles on each slide -- Each PowerPoint slide needs to have a clear title summarizing its purpose. Using larger, bolder font can help ensure the title stands out from the rest of the slide.
4. Use simple backgrounds -- Pay attention to the color selections you choose. Another tip is to make sure the background does not detract from the words or diagrams that appear. If you choose colors that are too dark, or patterns that are too bold, chances are the slides will be difficult to read.
5. Use graphs and diagrams -- Using visual images such as graphs and diagrams can really help to make a point. Images also help to break the presentation up a little bit and provide some visual interest.
6. Stay organized -- The PowerPoint presentation itself needs to stay organized and on topic. Make sure the slides are in the right chronological order and information flows easily and naturally.
7. Limit the number of slides -- Do not overdo the number of slides in your presentation. Keep the information presented on the PowerPoint slides themselves as short and concise as possible. You can always embellish verbally.
8. Speak clearly -- When presenting, speak clearly and try to be as enthusiastic and interesting as possible. People often think of PowerPoint presentations as dry and boring, but with a little creativity, you can be captivating.
9. Allow time for questions -- This is always a good practice to follow when conducting any meeting. PowerPoint presentations are no exception. Make sure you factor in a question and answer time into your allotted time slot.
10. Allow for future follow-up -- Depending on the nature of the PowerPoint presentation, it may be appropriate to provide your contact information (i.e., phone number, email, and/or website URL) so that meeting participants can follow-up with you should they have any further questions or wish to enlist your services.
The eleventh tip I think is, you can use some creative tool like PPT2DVD which can help you burn PowerPoint to DVD, and then you can watch your PowerPoint on TV. For some TV-conference and conference call it is very convenient.
With a little time and effort, you can really make your next PowerPoint presentation effective and memorable by following these simple PowerPoint presentation tips and techniques.