Valentine's Day with all its charisma and magnetism is coming. Although we can send gift and shower love to our sweetheart all year round, we still need to grasp this perfect occasion to express our love and warm heart to beloved as we may especially be busy occupying our jobs during the economic recession.
During this romantic season, we are showered with tons of romantic gifts ideas and Valentine's Day celebration tips each year. After several years, we still wonder what would be the best gift and dating method to enjoy the Valentine's Day. Flowers (especially roses with scarlet color) would fade and be pale after several days. Chocolates will make you become fat and can't be preserved long too. And we do not like soft toys, gift baskets, candles and sweets. We can't afford for luxurious diamonds, perfume, watches, jewelry.
Are you distressed by lacking of gift idea too?
I hope the idea would inspire you after following Lily's experience and story.
My boyfriend is my classmate during college. Several years have passed. Many harmony memory and pictures left for us to memorize.
I decided to make a digital photo album to tell the love history about us and enjoy it on Valentine's Day after dinner, as:
- There are many pictures preserved on our PC since we are passionate about making excursions/trips and taking photos on holiday or weekend;
- My sweetheart presented me a TOSHIBA laptop as Christmas gift which comes with Ulead DVD MovieFactory for TOSHIBA Launcher and DVD burner. It empowers me to make DVD from pictures and videos easily.
- It preserves longer and it also would be a good fortune for your future generation to know the life you once lead.
Through recollecting the history and impressive story between you and your beloved, I believe that:
- Romance would fill the air;
- Scintillating passions of love would come alive;
- Loving hearts would come closer;
- It should help us to cherish each other and walk through the economic crisis season smoothly hand in hand.
At the beginning, I planned to create DVD photo album using Ulead DVD MovieFactory for TOSHIBA. After evaluating, it is really a time-consuming task to compile all the memorable pictures and set the proper transition one by one.
In fact, I am a big preserver of memories. I am used to making photo albums using PowerPoint 2007 after each journey or trip, as it enables you to adjust contrast and brightness of each picture, add captions and GIF decorations freely, and set transitions and animations at your will. Frantic, I searched in Google and find a tool which can convert presentations to DVD. You can also Google PPT to DVD and evaluate them to find the suitable PowerPoint converters which came to your eyes. Wondershare smart PPT2DVD converter is recommended.
After getting the tool, I just imported the presentations, chose the TV standard by selecting country, designed the DVD layout and another click to directly burn a DVD, my project is well on its way to completion. It effectively handles all the features I used in PowerPoint presentation. No animations, transitions and sound effect were blown away. I can even control the slide if only I chose the manual mode.
At last, I put 8 presentations on the first DVD. And we are classmate during college. Therefore, I put the campus life and the scenery there as the first chapter. I also recorded a song named Missing You in English as the DVD menu background music. Here below are the DVD menus and screenshots.
- Our campus life
- Our first Valentine
- Our seaside happiness
- Our hometown tripsⅠ
- Our hometown tripsⅡ
- Our engaged ceremony
- Our first anniversary
- Our Hawaii dream
Here below are some other tips for you to follow.
- Optimize the pictures by changing the contrast, brightness and removing dreaded "red eyes". Picasa is a good choice to edit your pictures.
- Arrange your pictures in chronological order.
- You can add some gif decorations to your slideshow.
- You can record some sweet words in the presentations.
- You can also record a song if you are the musician type.
To reminisce the good times you and your beloved have passed through, may you have a fantastic and freak Valentine's Day!
In the same way, you can create your own digital scrapbook for preserving, photo slide show for family events or reunion, or digital photo album for preserving and sharing.